Last year I arrived two days late, but I’m on time this year for the Ultimate Blog Party 2012! What a great way to make some new online friends! The Ultimate Blog Party is hosted by Janice and Susan at 5 Minutes for Mom. You can join, too … write a post about your blog and enter it in a linky to make lots of new blogging friends. And you can register for some awesome prizes!
Here’s a bit about me:
I’m Deb Chitwood, a Montessori educator/writer and mom of two grown children. I also have 14 years of experience as a mom of competitive figure skaters. I homeschooled my kids through high school. They both have college degrees now and are figure-skating professionals.
My whole family has had many amazing experiences as a result of my kids’ figure skating. In addition to providing lots of great opportunities for character development, figure skating allowed us to travel many places in the world, gave my daughter a chance to get her university degree (and meet her husband) in England while representing Great Britain as an ice dancer, and even gave me the opportunity to get my master’s degree in Early Childhood Education in England! You can read more about my family and me at my About page.
Here are some places you can find me online:
- Twitter as @RaisingSkaters, @DebChitwood, and @SpringSnowPub. Through @RaisingSkaters, I tweet and retweet a lot of inspirational quotes, word-art freebies, motivational posts, and ways to make a difference.
- Raising Figure Skaters Facebook page. I add an inspirational Quote of the Day and often share word-art inspiration. You can also find me at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and Spring Snow Publications Facebook page. You’ll find lots of interesting (and different) information at each of my Facebook pages.
- RSS feed (Get my blog posts in your Google Reader or another reader.)
- Networked Blogs
- Google+ page (brand new)!
- Pinterest, where I share Word-Art Inspiration along with lots of activities and ideas for parents.
What You’ll Find at Raising Figure Skaters
Every Wednesday, I have a word-art freebie based on a quote or saying. I especially focus on inspirational quotes that can apply to anyone. On Fridays, I typically write a post with inspiration of any kind, best quotes on a topic, motivation for life, focus on gratitude, encouragement for parents and athletes, tips on raising kids with character, or ways to make a difference.
Before you leave, here’s a word art freebie for my new and old friends:
And here are lots of Word-Art Freebies.
Party on! 🙂